Saturday, December 15, 2007

9 Months!!!


I can not believe that I'm writing about my nine month old!! Time really does fly by. Well as you can see in this picture 9 Months was the biggest transition yet! Grace decided that 9 months was her cue and decided on her very own to just sleep through the night!!! Who would have guessed that? We went from one night getting up 3-4 times and one of those for two hours, to I'm going to fuss for 2 minutes and go back to sleep and sleep 13 hours! Thank the Lord, Mommy was near losing her mind (and Daddy too). So with the great sleep came a not so great clingy stage. Also very sudden. Mommy could not put Grace down. Even if we were on the floor playing together and she was touching my leg, that was not close enough. Well the severity of this stage passed within 3 days. She's still a bit clingy, but not like that. Grace still doesn't crawl, she does the butt scooch. She has even managed to get to the Christmas tree and pull down 2 ornaments. Since she doesn't move fast and often, I actually found the Christmas tree thing to be cute. I'm sure next year it will not be so "cute". We've tried various different foods, but Mommy has decided to stop throwing her money into the trash can and just continue with the good old cereal and vegetables, still the favorite! Grace has a few tricks: clapping, "So Big", kisses, dancing, the dragon noise (rahhh), peek-a-boo, and she will scoot over towards a drawer if there's one in sight and open it up, stick her little fingers inside to pull out anything she can get to, she also likes to chew on the drawer??? I guess that's all I can think of for now. Before I know it I'll be posting again....