Friday, February 15, 2008

11 Months...

Well it's the last month before the BIG ONE!!! I can not believe how fast this year is moving by! Grace has gone through a lot of changes in this past month. She is now full out crawling and loves to get into the dog's toys. Of course! Roxy loves Grace's toys and Grace loves Roxy's. We are finally finally on the better end of the sleep situation as well. We have had to do the cry it out regime and it's working. She is now sleeping through until 5-6 most nights. She is very much starting to be a big girl who likes to feed herself. She will take the baby food once in a great while, but definitely prefers her own hands. She loves to drink water out of a bottle and nothing else. Her favorite video is still Baby Signs and we've seen some outcome from it. She is fully comprehensive of the "more" sign and uses it often when she's eating. She has also done the Mommy and Daddy signs sporadically as well as "ball" and "bath". She has also made great strides in happily playing with other people who are not Mommy, like when I bring her to play groups. She fusses just for a minute when I leave and then will be happy for a few hours just playing with the kids! She is no longer easy to change as she is wiggling around like a worm. She gets so excited when her friend Isaac comes over that she shrieks at the top of her lungs for a few moments, at least until he cries and then she cries :) She loves DaDa and yells down to him in the morning when I get her dressed. She also loves her new morning time greeting from Roxy. Roxy hears Grace wake up and then runs up and down the steps until I go in and get her. Grace just lauchs with joy as Roxy licks her fingers and says Good Morning. I guess that's all I can think of right now. What an amazing journey this is!