Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer fun...







It has been quite a rainy summer here
but we've been making the best of it!














Grace gives her new pool a thumbs up!














My little fishy...








We've enjoyed a few nice days at the beach. Grace definitely has no fear of the water and she loves the ducks! I have chased her numerous times down the shore in pursuit after a duck family. All I can hear as she runs away is "Mommy, Hi ducks!" After she wears herself out, she will come lay her towel out on the sand and tell me, "Mommy nigh night in the sun." Of course that rest only lasts about 20 seconds.







Grace and her buddy Isaac enjoying their day together!









Here's my little girl. If this picture could talk
it would say, "Mommy, I simmin'." She's so funny.
When a wave comes and splashes her, she
stands up and says "That's funny Mama."






Daddy taught Grace how to use the hose, so this has become an activity of choice whenever it is allowed! I've learned to shut the windows to the house.











Grace now enjoys a little TV time, which is such a help at times! She loves Elmo, Dancin' (a really cheesy kids songs video), Jonah, and Barney. She also likes "monkey George" if we find it on TV. Daddy bought her a Curious George bat and ball set the other day and wouldn't you know... Auntie Erica was pitching to her and she smacked that ball directly back at Erica. Grace definitely loves her sports. She and Daddy play basketball at night a lot now and she will play her hardest for 30 minutes straight. The only reason she stops is because Mommy says it's time for bed. She also likes to play soccer. I must say she has some pretty incredible footwork for a 2 year old. It's amazing to watch your baby develop. I think of what we did last summer and what she's doing now and it's mind blowing!






Grace loves to walk Roxy down the driveway. We've only had 2 skinned knees this summer as a result... not too bad. Rox actually does really well with her.










This is what happens when pregnant Mommy, whose brain is not there, forgets to give her 2 year old a spoon but leaves the yogurt behind!










**So Grace has started to be interested in her potty and the other day she told me she had to go. I thought I'd use that time to quickly tidy up the bathroom. Grace did not agree. She stood by the door with her hand on her hip saying, "Mommy, come on, privacy." She said it 3 times before I realized what she was saying. I asked her, "Did you just tell Mommy you need privacy?" She said, "Yeah, come on." So out I went, laughing as she shut the door behind me!
**************************************************************************************************************
Still every single day I am excited to see her when she wakes up in the morning. A few weeks ago I walked into her room and she smiled and said, "Hi Mama, I happy to see you!" These moments are indescribable!
*****************************************************************************************************************
We decided to put in a garden this year, since we have the room at our new house. Last weekend Grace wanted to come in and I thought maybe it would be OK, the plants are larger now and easier to see, she won't wreck too many things. Well within a few minutes she had pulled three green tomatoes off the vine. I slapped her hand at this point and told her, "No more tomatoes." She got the look in her eyes, turned and ran towards my tomatoes, grabbed two more and looked at me. I said, "You're done." I put her outside the garden fence and told her to go play in her sandbox. Imagine my surprise when I turned around only to feel two tomatoes smack me in the back. Part of me wanted to shake her by her toes, but the bigger part of me had to turn around so she could not see me laughing. I still can not believe she actually hit me when she threw them!