Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!

My sweet little Santa!

Grace loved her first gingerbread house experience!
I so enjoyed looking at it that I didn't actually throw it out until late January!

Christmas 2009

Grace, Andrew and Auntie Erica.  We had a lot of fun the week before Christmas when Auntie Erica came to visit.  We made lots and lots of yummy cookies, built our first snowman, Mommy and Daddy actually went to a Christmas party, and we got to open a few early gifts! Once Grace got the taste in her mouth, she said, "I want to open those too!" as she pointed under the tree.  She had been patiently watching the pile grow over the course of December and was very patient.  I didn't think she'd do so well after opening a few, but she didn't touch any until Christmas morning.  A few weeks later we were at a party and someone gave her a gift to open.  She innocently looked up at me and said, "Is it OK now Mommy?"

Christmas Morning and Grace's new recorder from Santa!

Andrew relaxing on Christmas morning with his "new" toys.  I realized on Christmas Eve that Santa had not gotten anything to put into Andrew's stocking.  Not an issue with my oldest child since she was the only one and didn't know that Santa buys savings bonds when you're a baby.  But Santa thought, "My two year old will not understand why her stocking is full and Andrew has nothing....so we recycled a few toys." On Christmas morning Grace opened his stocking gifts and exclaimed, "Mommy, that's like mine!" Too funny.